How do I make reservations for others?

Last revision March 5 by Community

In order to make a reservation on behalf of someone else, you must register your OpenTable account as an Administrative Professional. This feature allows executive assistants, travel planners, recruiters, and other administrative professionals to easily make reservations on behalf of others and earn valuable OpenTable Dining Points.

New Accounts: Register as an Administrative Professional

Follow these steps to create a new OpenTable account, and register yourself as an Administrative Professional:

1. Visit and click "Sign In" from the upper right hand corner
  2. Click the "Create an Account" link, located on the lower portion of the sign in form

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 2.14.52 PM.png

3. Fill out the new account form, and check the "I am an administrative professional..." box that is located underneath the form

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 2.14.13 PM.png

Once you're registered, you'll be able to store the names of the people that you'll be making reservations for in the future. 

Existing Accounts: Register as an Administrative Professional

If you already have an existing account on OpenTable, but need to register as an Administrative Professional, follow these steps:

1. Visit and sign in to your existing account
  2. Click on "My Profile," and then click on the "Account Details" tab
  3. Check the box under your name marked, "I am an administrative professional..."

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 2.18.01 PM.png

4. Click on the red "Update Profile" button to save your changes